Based in Australia
March 20, 2014
"Bonza puzzles are instantly addictive!"
- Will Shortz Crossword Editor, The New York Times
Bonza is a new type of crossword that has become an instant classic. It mixes word search, jigsaw and trivia knowledge to create something completely fresh. If you like a word challenge and you enjoy pushing boxes around with your fingers, then you'll love Bonza Word Puzzle.
In early 2013, Minimega set out to reimagine the traditional crossword and design an experience for touch screen devices. Bonza Word Puzzle was then released in March 2014. It’s a game that requires players to arrange word fragments to solve puzzles. An Alpha version of the game caught the attention of Screen Australia, who then helped fund the production of the game and support its development. Bonza became an instant classic and earned a spot in the Apple App Store Best of 2014 list.
- A new type of crossword
- Free Daily Puzzles based on current events
- Puzzle packs by celebrity designers
- Puzzles designed by the Bonza community
- Create your own puzzles and challenge friends
- Stunning minimalist art style
- Relaxing ambient soundtrack
Bonza Puzzle Creator YouTube
Larry & Jenn YouTube
Bonza in the classroom YouTube
Hand-made Magnets for GDC YouTube
Logo and Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of 2014" Apple App Store, 2014
- "Mobile of the day" The FWA Awards, 2014
- "FINALIST (Accessibility Award)" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "FINALIST (Excellence in Design)" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "RUNNER UP (Best Word Game)" Best App Ever Awards, 2015
- "WINNER (Game: Trivia and Word)" Tabby Awards, 2015
- "For anyone who loves a good word puzzle, definitely give Bonza a try.
- Lee Hamlet, 148Apps
- "A satisfying puzzler, especially if you're fond of words."
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "It’s an idea so simple I can’t believe it hasn’t been done yet."
- Mark Serrels, Kotaku
- "It’s a combination of a jigsaw puzzle and a diagramless crossword."
- Deb Amlen, The New York Times
- "Bonza merges some of the best mechanics from conventional word games and twists them around to create something new."
- Chloi Rad, Indie Statik
- "It’s a word game for word lovers, and it has enough content to make the price a fantastic deal.
- Evan Killham, Cult of Mac
- "The beautifully subtle, colorful design scheme is genius and it’s controls are a great welcome mat for the casual audience.
- Bryan Dupont-Gray, Hardcoregamer
- "Bonza is a quality product from a small local team, and I highly recommend picking it up.
- James Dominguez, Sydney Morning Herald
Request Press CopyIf you'd like a copy of Bonza Planet please get in touch.
"ROUND OF ..." bonzapuzzles.com.
"WITH BUTTONS" bonzapuzzles.com.
Follow Bonza at twitter.com.
Join the discussion at facebook.com.
Minimega is an Australian game development studio that publishes their own titles, and partners with licensed properties. Their focus is on creating clean, elegant games for mobile. "Bonza Word Puzzle" was recognised by Apple in the App Store Best of 2014 list.
The press kit for Minimega is available here.
Sound and Music